Monday, January 25, 2010

Really knowing about being in love...

It is crazy to me right now as I look back. Because over 2 years ago I formed this page because I was partnered for the first time with a trans woman. It was amazing to me because I too am a trans woman and I thought it was a new and different way of being. Again that was over 2 years ago. I now find that I am able to shed some light on my relationship and my love for this wonderful person I call my partner.Of coarse 2 years ago I hated that term "partner" as it made us sound like a law firm. But now I can only see her as my partner, my partner in love and life. But it has not been a easy road..as a matter of fact the road has been painful, even abusive at times. And while I love this person, I also see the flaws of the past in us both. Two years ago I thought this relationship was the newest coolest thing. What I did not know is that this one person and one relationship would change my perception of myself, change my goals and this very relationship has led me to be the person I am today. As the founder and Director of TransHealth Coordinators, the winner of a 2010 Trinity Award,an active board member of so many organizations...I am amazed because 3 years ago i was just a make up artist painting peoples faces. I hope to express many things in this new/old blog that can no longer sit on my "favorites"file growing old and empty...not is the time to speak and voice and communicate with others about what it is to be transgender and to love another transgender person...while also reflecting on life as it comes our way....please continue to tune in and chime in and give me your experiences...jennifer m. barge

No comments: